You are reading

Woman Slashed and Stabbed on 35th Street Monday Night: NYPD

iStock

July 22, 2020 By Christian Murray

A woman who was walking along 35th Street near 36th Avenue in Astoria Monday night was stabbed and slashed by a knife-wielding man, police said.

The victim, 38, was attacked while walking between 35th and 36th Avenues at around 10:15 p.m., police said.

One person who arrived on the scene shortly after the incident told the Queens Post that they heard screams while at the Sunswick Bar, which is located on the corner of the 35th Street and 35th Avenue.

The victim had been pinned up against a car, the witness said, and her neck, chest and hand were slashed by a box cutter.

Police said the victim went to Elmhurst Hospital but didn’t have information about the victim’s condition.

The witness, who contacted the Queens Post Tuesday, said the woman’s injuries were not too serious and that she took a cab to the hospital to avoid being charged ambulance fees.

The witness was stunned that the victim’s first concern after being attack was her medical bills.

email the author: [email protected]

8 Comments

Click for Comments
Sara Ross

I’m so sorry she went through that because you never get over it. Why did she go to Elmhurst when Astoria has hospitals closer? I noticed in the story there was no description. Could he be one of the mentally ill that the overpaid, wife of Mayor is supposed to be helping with ThriveNYC? Hmmm.

James Matsis

I took a cab to ER after I cut myself with a glass and required stitches. I didn’t have insurance at the time but even if I did, I’d still Uber it.

Gia

Those medical bills are serious though. If we had free healthcare for all this wouldn’t be a problem.

ovey

Yeah and then wait 1 whole day for a doctor to see you or months and months for a major surgery like the United Kingdom.

Pat Macnamara

If we didn’t have lowlife criminals who have been given a free pass to rape, rob, murder, and pillage this would be a non-issue.

Pat Macnamara

Any word from DeBlasio, Costa, AOC? Innocent people being slashed on the streets of a once safe neighborhood-yet not a peep. Keep voting Democrat-a criminal’s best friend. Disgraceful

Vicky

The Queens DA might need video footage of the attack to go viral before prosecuting and charging the suspect with attempted murder.

Michele

What a horrible incident. I’ve walked that block at around that time thinking I was safe with no thought that something like this would happen in that location.

Regarding medical bills, even with insurance ( regular, comprehensive insurance), I pay over $200 for an ambulance, so I probably would have done the same thing under the same circumstances.

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

Recent News

3 men sought for armed robbery in East Elmhurst home invasion near LaGuardia Airport: NYPD

The NYPD is looking for three men who allegedly robbed an East Elmhurst man of tens of thousands of dollars during a home invasion early Monday morning.

Police from the 115th Precinct in Jackson Heights responded to a 911 call of an armed robbery at a townhouse located at 108-09 Ditmars Blvd. near 29th Avenue just south of LaGuardia Airport.
The victim had pulled up in front of his home just before 2 a.m. when he was approached by three suspects. One of them pulled out a firearm and forced him inside the townhouse where they stole around $30,000 in cash and a safe that contained an unspecified amount of jewelry, before exiting and driving off in a silver four-door SUV, police said.