Nov. 19, 2019 By Kristen Torres
Astoria’s Uncle Jack’s Meat House is celebrating its third anniversary, and owner Willie Degel is making sure it’s one for the books.
The Food Network star and Uncle Jack’s owner is hosting the first annual Uncle Jack’s burger eating contest to celebrate the restaurant’s milestone on Nov. 23.
Ten contestants will have the chance to eat their way to the $3,000 prize. Participants will have 10 minutes to eat as many “Ooey Gooey Mooey” burgers as they can — an Uncle Jack’s concoction that comes drenched in blue cheese fondue and bacon jam.
Two world-renowned competitive eaters are already slated to appear on the lineup: Molly Schuyler — the number one Indy female eater worldwide — and Dan “Killer” Kennedy, one of the highest ranked independent eaters in the world.
The remaining eight slots are still open. Interested participants must submit a creative video detailing why they should be involved in the contest.
The actual contest will be judged by three yet-to-be-released celebrity judges.
Willie Degel is a Queens native and host of Food Network’s Restaurant Stakeout.
- What: 10-minute “Ooey Gooey Mooey” burger eating contest
- When: Saturday, November 23rd at 2:00 p.m.
- Where: Uncle Jack’s Meat House – 36-18 Ditmars Blvd, Astoria, NY
- Why: Celebrating Uncle Jack’s Meat House 3rd anniversary
- Prize: $3,000 and a trophy
- How to apply: Submit video to [email protected] (applications to apply still open)