You are reading

Violent teens disturb Astoria parkgoers on Saturday

July 22, 2013 By Christian Murray

Five teenagers were arrested in Astoria Park for robbing two men on Saturday, according to police.

The alleged incident took place at 6:50 pm after a teenage girl confronted two Hispanic men and demanded that one of them hand over his cell phone and mini speakers. The man who was targeted refused to turnover his property, the police said.

Then five teenager boys got involved and beat up the man before taking his property. The victim’s friend tried to come to his aid but was also beaten up in the process, according to police.

The teenagers—four of whom were 17 years old, the other 14—were charged with Gang Assault, two counts of Robbery, Assault, and Criminal Possession of a Weapon.

Earlier in the day, a website called ‘A Walk in the Park’, reported that a 14-year-old male was arrested for Disorderly Conduct after leaving the Astoria pool.

The teen had allegedly been verbally abusive, cursing at lifeguards and disrupting patrons in the pool.

After being warned multiple times by lifeguards and pool staff he was told to leave.

While being escorted out by police, he threatened an NYPD officer, saying, “What are you going to do?” a source told Walk in the Park.

The officer responded and pushed him down.  The teen got up with open fists ready to fight and challenged the officer.

Two other officers came to assist. An officer eventually used mace and the situation was soon under control.

The teen was issued with a Juvenile Report for Disorderly Conduct.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.

NYPD searching for burglary crew that targeted nearly 30 laundromats in Queens and others in Brooklyn and the Bronx

Police from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst are looking for three masked men who broke into Susan’s Laundromat at 85-12 Grand Ave. at around 3:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24, while a fourth member of their crew acted as a lookout near their getaway car parked in front.

The burglars stole $1,800 in cash and removed a payment machine for the laundry room continuing an undetermined amount of cash.