You are reading

Video: Man Knocked Out Cold in Jackson Heights When Fender Bender Sparks Violence

May 11, 2021 By Allie Griffin

A minor fender-bender resulted in a violent assault in Jackson Heights Saturday, disturbing police video shows.

The incident was sparked by a seemingly innocuous collision in which the driver of white Nissan Sentra pulled out of a parking lot on 70th Street at around 7 p.m. and hit a grey Honda Accord passing by.

The minor crash turned violent when the driver of the Honda Accord got out of his vehicle and demanded money for the damage to his car. He then started punching two men who were the occupants of the Nissan—who had gotten out of their vehicle during the course of an argument.

The Honda driver sucker punched a 55-year-old man who had been a passenger in the Nissan. The victim was knocked out cold and the perpetrator took the man’s phone as he laid on the street, the video shows.

He then turned on the 23-year-old Nissan driver and repeatedly punched him as he tried to walk away.

The 23-year-old tried to block the punches with his arms as he was knocked to the ground. The Honda driver, shown wearing jeans and a neon hoodie, grabbed his phone from his hand, according to the video.

The Honda driver then turned back to the 55-year-old, who was still out cold on the ground. He callously flipped his limp body over and grabbed the man’s wallet from his pocket, the video shows.

Suspect (NYPD)

The suspect then took off in his car with the victim’s cellphones and the older man’s wallet — which contained his ID and bank cards, police said.

Both victims refused medical attention, police said.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM, or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

11 Comments

Click for Comments 
Spiros Argyros

He a punk. Couldn’t wait police. I hope caught him. I hope his friend or family bring him in.

Reply
Charles Martel

Why should anybody else get involved when the younger guy standing did there did absolutely nothing to defend himself? Have we reached peak absurdity where a bystander is supposed to put himself in harm’s way to save a coward?

The first guy got a raw deal from being sucker-punched. But the second guy is a weak coward who didn’t muster a single punch or kick to fend off the attacker. An elementary schoolgirl would have put up more of a fight. I guess this is what happens when you raise a generation of soy boys with participation trophies.

Reply
Ryan Misseti

If he only lived in a free state it would have ended differently ,if he had a ccp permit.

6
3
Reply
Truth Hurts

The city, the government are all sending wrong signals to criminals. Crime pays. Criminals all know that they will be let go in a minute.

12
1
Reply
Don't matter

You gon get caught and pay a lot more than you would’ve. I hope they prosecute you to the fullest extent.

Reply
Anonymous

Gianaris, are your thoughts and prayers with the 55 year old man who was knocked out cold? Save them, we know it’s your policies that emboldened these guys to commit these crimes with impunity. And this includes Caban, Van Bramer and Ramos. We need term limits for all politicians.

18
2
Reply
Bill

This guy is a definite threat to society. He is a dangerous menace. If closing Riker’s Island means that he will face no jail time then let’s keep Riker’s open and fill it with these lowlifes! Enough is enough!

23
1
Reply
Never Left Astoria

What an a-hole. Looks like he was speeding down the block. Glad he did not hit the girl.

12
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.

Halletts Point esplanade in Astoria opens, reconnecting community to East River waterfront

Aug. 22, 2025 By Bill Parry

When The Durst Organization broke ground on its massive Halletts Point project in Astoria on a cold winter day in January 2016, the speeches were delivered inside a massive brick warehouse that had cut off public access to a stretch of East River waterfront for generations. That warehouse is long gone, demolished and then replaced by two high-rise residential towers, 20 and 30 Halletts Point, which launched leasing earlier this year, and a 58,000-square-foot waterfront esplanade that opened to the public this month.

Queens Together launches ‘Unofficial US Open Dining Guide’ encouraging fans to sample restaurants along the 7 line

Aug. 20, 2025 By Shane O’Brien

The US Open returns to Flushing Meadows Corona Park this Sunday, with more than 1 million attendees anticipated to take mass transit to the iconic annual tennis event. With hundreds of thousands of fans set to take the 7 out to the Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, there is a world of delicious local eateries lying beneath the elevated train tracks should any fan wish to stop en-route to the US Open.