You are reading

Trattoria L’incontro Closes its Next Door Wine Bar

Jan. 31, 2014 By Michael Florio

The popular Italian restaurant Trattoria L’incontro, located at 21-76 31 Street, shut down its wine bar, Vino di Vino, earlier this week.

Rocco Sacramone, owner and chef, stated that he closed the wine bar since the rent kept going up and was becoming too much for him to afford.

“The rent went up and I didn’t want to deal with it anymore,” Sacramone said. “With the rent and real estate taxes I couldn’t afford it.”

The Timesledger was the first to report this news.

Vino di Vino was established to accommodate the overflow of restaurant goers at Trattoria L’incontro.

The restaurant, which was ranked the best Italian restaurant in New York City by Zagat in 2010, continues to do well, Sacramone said.

He said no one should read anything into the fact that he has closed down Vino di Vino.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Fall fun in western Queens: Your guide to the best seasonal events

Aug. 29, 2025 By Jessica Militello

With beach days and summer BBQs behind us, the start of September rings in the start of magnificent Fall foliage, Halloween and more fun activities that come with the start of Autumn, including a list of Fall events in the area. From apple picking to seasonal ciders and more, there is tons to explore in the community. From Mystic Markets to scary movie meet-ups and more, here is a list of Fall events you do not want to miss.

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.