September 15, Staff Report
A trendy Thai restaurant located on 30th Avenue has been temporarily closed by the health department.
Pochana, located at 33-16 30th Avenue, was closed Wednesday after a health inspector discovered numerous sanitary violations at the restaurant, such as live roaches, mice or evidence of mice and inadequate personal cleanliness.
The health inspector slapped Pochana with 52 violation points. The first five violations were listed as critical.
1) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
2) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
4) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
5) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
7) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
8) Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
Well There are other Thai restaurants we could eat at!
@Anonymous: Not cool. Chill on the racism, bruh.
Wow another Asian place…? Not too sound offensive, but this is why I never eat anything Asian… Sorry but it’s the truth!
@Anonymous: A halfhearted disclaimer does not excuse your racism.
It also does not excuse your improper use of the word “too” in that halfhearted disclaimer.
Sorry but that’s was a spelling error on my part.
Remember those mice running around that McD’s so infamously? Or that bakery awhile back? Or the bbq place? Etc., etc., etc. It’s NY, and yeah, you DO sound too offensive. Or rather, like the R word.
jesus christ look at these cucks jumping down your throat.