You are reading

Suspects Sought For Breaking Man’s Jaw in Unprovoked Long Island City Attack: NYPD

Police on Thursday released images of two suspects wanted for punching a man in Long Island City in July that left him with a broken jaw (Photos: NYPD and Google Maps)

Sept. 1, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

Police on Thursday released images of two suspects wanted for punching a 34-year-old man in Long Island City earlier this summer that left him with a broken jaw.

The suspects, two males, got into a verbal dispute with the victim outside 9-19 40 Ave. on July 14 at around 11:20 a.m., according to police. It isn’t clear what prompted the argument.

The incident, however, turned violent, and the assailants punched the victim in the face, breaking the man’s jaw. The suspects then fled the scene, police said.

The victim was transported to Mt. Sinai Hospital in stable condition, the NYPD said.

Both suspects are described by police as being between 30 and 40 years of age, with dark complexions.The first suspect was last seen wearing a white T-shirt, black and white shorts—with a star design on the side, and white sneakers. He also had a black bag that he was carrying across his chest.The second suspect was last seen wearing a black T-shirt and black pants.Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.