Nov. 3, 2017 By Tara Law
Notorious strip club Scandals has been temporarily closed by the health department.
The club racked up 95 violations points and was closed after a health inspector claimed to have spotted flies and an unsanitary food preparation area.
The strip club, located at 24-03 Queen Plaza North, is viewed by many as a holdover from a seedier time in Long Island City. Since the club opened in 2002, the area has shed much of its gritty past with the development of high-rise apartment buildings.
Scandals closed in March 2015 but unexpectedly reopened in February 2016 by a new owner.
The club was written up for several health violations, the first four were listed as critical.
1) Food, food preparation area, food storage area, area used by employees or patrons, contaminated by sewage or liquid waste.
2) Filth flies or food/refuse/sewage-associated (FRSA) flies present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas. Filth flies include house flies, little house flies, blow flies, bottle flies and flesh flies. Food/refuse/sewage-associated flies include fruit flies, drain flies and Phorid flies.
3) Sewage disposal system improper or unapproved.
4) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
5) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
6) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
Your the rat
That place was a dump and is a dump and always will be. They usually close down every year for something. This time it’s discusting. The place is old and girls even ewwwwwww. Does anyone even go there anymore ? Anyway. TY dept of health for making them clean that cacaroatch, rat place.
They were delivering on Seamless!
Most people use cam sites and personal video imaging nowadays. The strip industry dwindling in residential areas.
Maybe short and curlies in soup.
Strip joints are so 90’s . Who guys there anymore anyways?
I’m absolutely certain that the type of person who eats at a strip club really doesn’t mind flies on their food. Dead or alive.
Who gos there to EAT?
I do , but next time I’ll try the food.
Scandals is in LIC, not Astoria. Can I get a refund for my monthly all-you-can-dance pass for November?
The article says the club is in LIC. did you read the article?
That is correct, and is the name of this website LIC Post or Astoria Post? Did you read the browser address bar?
Reading- All the people in Astoria are in LIC but all the people in LIC are not in Astoria.
If your ZIP code isn’t 11101 you don’t live in LIC
Your just mad you don’t have the…. quailifacations .. to get a job here
Waaaaaaaait a second, they serve food in that place? Yikes.
NYC hates strip clubs.
Affraid so NYC HATES EVERYTHING NIGHTLIFE.