You are reading

Steinway Domino’s Closes For Renovation

IMG_3762

Nov. 19, 2015 By Michael Florio

Domino’s on Steinway Street is closed for renovation.

The pizza chain, located at 25-55 Steinway St., closed last week for renovations and is expected to reopen before Christmas.

Domino’s is hopeful the shop can open on Dec. 15, but it will reopen no later than Dec 25., a company spokesman said.

The renovation is part of a company-wide movement to renovate all their kitchens to fit their “Pizza Theater” concept, according the spokesman. The idea is to have the kitchens moved to the front of the store, in full view of all the customers.

“The impetus is to let our customers see that their food is freshly made to order by real people using quality ingredients,” the spokesman said in an email.

The company plans to renovate all Domino’s shops worldwide to fit this concept by the end of 2017. Any Domino’s built since 2015 already fits this mold.

Normally, during renovations, Domino’s franchises operate fully during the day and have remodel crews come in and work over night, according to the spokesman. However, overnight construction is prohibited in this neighborhood, as it would disturb residents in the surrounding area.

Therefore the shop had to close and have the work completed during normal business hours.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
ivan beacco

And maybe they should “renovate” the whole crew, this is the slowest, laziest and rudest dominos I ever ordered and picked up from.

Reply
James

Maybe they should figure out a way to stop their delivery cars from double parking all along Steinway street, causing congestion and blocking the Q101 bus path.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.