April 5, 2018 By Tara Law
Community mainstay Riccardo’s By the Bridge has been closed temporarily by the Health Department.
The 67-year-old banquet hall and caterer, located at 21-01 24th Ave., is known for hosting weddings, anniversary parties and other events. The space was closed after receiving 43 violation points in an inspection on April 3.
The inspector described several infractions, including evidence of mice or live mice. The Health Department listed the following violations; the first two were listed as critical.
1) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
2) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
3) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
4) Thawing procedures improper.
5) Food contact surface not properly maintained.