You are reading

Restaurant Offering Latin American Cuisine to Open on Ditmars Boulevard

33-06 Ditmars Blvd. (Photo: Queens Post)

Oct. 29, 2018 By Tara Law

A new restaurant offering dishes from across Latin America will be opening on Ditmars Boulevard soon.

Acento Latin Kitchen & Bar is moving toward a late fall opening at 33-06 Ditmars Blvd., the space formerly occupied by Flattops.

The 46-seat restaurant and bar, run by Jackson Heights resident Ricardo Gomez, will serve food and cocktails from across Latin America and the Caribbean to showcase the different flavors of the region, according to Maria Ramirez, a spokesperson for the restaurant.

“We wanted to bring a true culinary experience where people can try dishes from other countries,” Ramirez said, noting that many Latin American restaurants in Queens only offer cuisines from a single country.

The restaurant will feature dishes from Gomez’s native Colombia, such as bandeja paisa— a hearty platter with beans, rice, sausage, fried plantains and other sides— as well as ceviche to honor Ecuador, where his wife was born.

The restaurant will also serve dishes like mofongo, a fried plantains dish from Puerto Rico, and Cuban ropa vieja— shredded beef with vegetables.

The restaurant will also operate a bar offering tropical cocktails with fresh and natural ingredients, such as a maracuya mojito— a cocktail with passion fruit.  

Artists will also be invited to play live music from around the region, including Cuban salsa bands and other musical groups, Ramirez said.

Acento will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. from Sunday to Thursday and 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. The restaurant will announce its opening day and other news and offers through its Instagram account.

Update 10/30 1:25 p.m. – The restaurant’s hours on Friday and Saturday are from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m., not until 2 p.m. as previously written.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

3 Comments

Click for Comments 
John Lowell

If the quality is anything like the abysmally poor restaurants of JH, then I can’t imagine it lasting very long.

12
14
Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.

NYPD searching for burglary crew that targeted nearly 30 laundromats in Queens and others in Brooklyn and the Bronx

Police from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst are looking for three masked men who broke into Susan’s Laundromat at 85-12 Grand Ave. at around 3:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24, while a fourth member of their crew acted as a lookout near their getaway car parked in front.

The burglars stole $1,800 in cash and removed a payment machine for the laundry room continuing an undetermined amount of cash.