You are reading

NYPD: Two Women Swipe Man’s Wallet in Queensbridge Apartment Building

Google

Feb. 27, 2018 By Tara Law

Police are searching for two women who allegedly followed a 62-year-old man into a Queensbridge apartment building last month and snatched his wallet.

The suspects got into an elevator with the victim inside a building located near 40th Avenue and 10th Street at around 4 p.m. on Jan. 28, police said. The women then snatched his wallet from his jacket pocket.

The suspects then exited the elevator and took off in an unknown direction, according to police.

The wallet contained credit cards and about $100 in cash. There were no injuries, police said.

The suspects were both described as black, with one last seen wearing a red hooded sweater, a dark green and black jacket, black pants and white sneakers. The other woman was wearing a black hooded sweater, black jeans and eyeglasses.

Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782).

email the author: news@queenspost.com

12 Comments

Click for Comments 
LIC RESIDENT CONCERNED

To Joy Taylor: Your a teacher you say? Boy I feel sorry for your students. Your writing skills are terrible. You get an F in my report card!

Reply
Ralph

“You’re a teacher, you say”. You’re the contraction of you are not your the possessive. Also no question mark. Your writing isn’t much better.

Reply
Joy Taylor

Wow this is my home QB4LIFE, I left the end of 1988 arrived in Florida in 1989 I feel so bad, cause i was one of the teacher for the children living in Queensbridge, to make their life better, I have tears in my eyes, them children grew up wrong

Reply
Anonymous

by Ryan Brady, Associate Editor | 0 comments

In February, the Queensbridge Houses in Long Island City celebrated the passage of more than one year without a single shooting in the sprawling housing project.

But there have been four shootings there this year since March, as of Aug. 20. In the early morning hours of that day, the New York Post reported, a man was shot several times and ended up in critical condition.

The NYPD told the Chronicle that there has been no arrest over the attack, which happened at 40-07 10 St.

The Aug. 20 shooting follows others on March 18, May 15, and the Fourth of July.

According to Queensbridge Houses resident Ray Normandeau, the incidents ironically come after an improvement associated with lower crime came to the public housing complex, which is the largest of its kind in North America.

“Strangely enough, the lighting around Queensbridge Houses has been greatly improved in the last six months or so,” he said.

The commanding officer of the 114th Precinct, which polices the Long Island City complex with the NYPD’s Housing Bureau, could not be reached for comment. Nor could K. Bain, the program manager for 696 Build Queensbridge, a group that aims to stop violence in the housing project.

The office of Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer (D-Sunnyside) did not immediately return a request for comment from the Chronicle.
THIS WAS FROM THE QUEENS CHRONICLE DATED 8/24/17 –

3
23
Reply
Bruno

So Sean is right you are lying. “The office of Majority Leader Jimmy Van Bramer (D-Sunnyside) did not immediately return a request for comment from the Chronicle.” Van Bramer has not said anything on the issue according to your follow up post.

1
1
Reply
Anonymous

because Mr. JVB was caught red handed in a big fat lie that is why he could not be reached for comment — smarty pants –

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

AG James announces dismantling of Queens-based ghost gun trafficking operation

New York Attorney General Letitia James announced Wednesday the takedown of a prolific Queens-based gun trafficking crew accused of selling firearms and ammo at an East Elmhurst playground, the Queens Center Mall and other locations around the borough.

James secured a 625-count indictment charging five men for participating in the gun smuggling ring, which involved selling dozens of ghost guns, assault weapons, high-capacity magazines and hundreds of rounds of ammunition.