You are reading

NYPD Releases Gruesome Video of Fatal Shooting in South Ozone Park

Sept. 9, 2021 By Allie Griffin

The NYPD released a gruesome video today of a brazen daylight murder that took place in South Ozone Park Monday.

The video shows the fatal shooting of a 46-year-old man who was ambushed and shot in the head by a gunman on South Conduit Avenue Monday morning.

The footage depicts the suspect pretending to work on his car as a cover until he spots victim Jermaine Dixon getting into his own vehicle parked across the street just before 8 a.m.

The killer can be seen running across to Dixon in the video and firing multiple bullets into his head as he stood just inches from him.

The video then shows Dixon’s body slumped over the driver’s side of the car, while the gunman runs back across the street, closes his car’s hood and speeds off.

He fled the scene northbound on 132nd Street inside the white Nissan sedan, police said.

Dixon, who is from the state of Georgia, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police described the suspect a dark-skinned male, last seen wearing a black hat, a face mask and black clothing. Investigators believe the killer may have been impersonating a Hasidic man as a disguise, sources told the New York Post.

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/ or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

One Comment

Click for Comments 

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.

Halletts Point esplanade in Astoria opens, reconnecting community to East River waterfront

Aug. 22, 2025 By Bill Parry

When The Durst Organization broke ground on its massive Halletts Point project in Astoria on a cold winter day in January 2016, the speeches were delivered inside a massive brick warehouse that had cut off public access to a stretch of East River waterfront for generations. That warehouse is long gone, demolished and then replaced by two high-rise residential towers, 20 and 30 Halletts Point, which launched leasing earlier this year, and a 58,000-square-foot waterfront esplanade that opened to the public this month.