You are reading

Growth Along N/Q To Continue With 7-Story Development

developmentcomplex

Oct. 15, 2015 By Jackie Strawbridge

About a block from the sprawling seven-story development in progress at Broadway and 31st Street, a new seven-story residential development is planned along the N/Q.

Construction plans were filed last week with the Department of Buildings for the development at 30-13 31 St., right next to Grand Wine and Liquor off of 30th Avenue.

A flat, 2-story house currently sits at that address.

The proposed new building will stand seven stories with 17 units. Retail is planned for the first floor, and medical services are slated for the second.

Although developer Antonio Mourtil said it is “too early in the process” to discuss precise details, he noted that the property’s location to the train and Mount Sinai hospital make it appealing for healthcare providers.

“We thought that might be a good place for doctor’s offices, or anybody in the medical industry,” he said.

Mourtil added, “the neighborhood has everything – it has nightlife, has restaurants, it’s constantly improving. So it’s a place that we like to be.”

Reach reporter Jackie Strawbridge at jackie.strawbridge@queenspost.com

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

QBP Richards, advocates rally to demand Mayor Adams restore funding to City’s libraries

May. 17, 2024 By Gabriele Holtermann

A rally was held at the Queens Public Library at Forest Hills on May 16, during which Queens Borough President Donovan Richards, Queens Public Library President and CEO Dennis Walcott, union reps and library advocates called on Mayor Eric Adams to reverse the proposed $58.3 million budget cuts to the New York Public Library (NYPL), the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL), and the Queens Public Library (QBL) for Fiscal Year 2025, which begins on July 1, 2024.

Queens elected officials secure $70 million from New York State Budget for school safety equipment in religious and independent schools

May. 17, 2024 By Anthony Medina

Religious and independent schools throughout the city will soon receive additional funding for school safety equipment, thanks to Assemblymember Andrew Hevesi and State Senator Michael Gianaris, who, after extensive advocacy efforts, successfully secured $70 million from the New York State Budget for 2024-25 for Non-Public School Safety Equipment (NPSE) grants.