April 12, 2016 Staff Report
Gino’s Pizzeria, located at 43-19 Broadway, has been closed temporarily by the Health Department.
The pizzeria was shut down on April 7 after inspectors discovered evidence of mice and live roaches, according to Health Dept. records.
The establishment was also cited for not refrigerating items below 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
Violation points: 41
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Food not cooled by an approved method whereby the internal product temperature is reduced from 140º F to 70º F or less within 2 hours, and from 70º F to 41º F or less within 4 additional hours.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Live roaches present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
6) Personal cleanliness inadequate. Outer garment soiled with possible contaminant. Effective hair restraint not worn in an area where food is prepared.
7) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
8) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
Be careful what you place online cuz you can find yourself with a nice lawsuit when you post false information and defamation of character, Astoria Post. I order from here and best believe They have an A grading, and there pizza is actually pretty DELISHHH. ID do my research carefully if i were you ..
Food tasted like dog crap.
Now we know It may have actually contained crap.
I thought the sausage topping tasted funny
I got food poisoning!
I love the rat calzones there.