You are reading

Curfew On Indoor Dining to Go From 11 p.m. to Midnight: Cuomo

Restaurants will be permitted to open until midnight, starting April 19 (Photo: unSplash)

April 14, 2021 By Christian Murray

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced this afternoon that he is extending the 11 p.m. curfew on bars and restaurants until midnight.

The change will go into effect Monday, April 19.

The announcement comes after bar and restaurant owners have been complaining that the 11 p.m. closing hour is too early, crimping their profits. Many say that they generate significant revenue late at night—particularly on weekends.

Indoor dining, however, is still restricted to 50 percent in New York City, although it is at 75 percent in the rest of the state.

The governor also said that the curfew for catered events has been extended from midnight to 1 a.m.

Cuomo, however, warned during his press briefing today that the pandemic is far from over.

“We caution New Yorkers…don’t get cocky,” he said. “The disease is still very much with us. You see it escalating in some states, you see it escalating in some countries. So, we have to stay smart until COVID is crushed.”

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.

Halletts Point esplanade in Astoria opens, reconnecting community to East River waterfront

Aug. 22, 2025 By Bill Parry

When The Durst Organization broke ground on its massive Halletts Point project in Astoria on a cold winter day in January 2016, the speeches were delivered inside a massive brick warehouse that had cut off public access to a stretch of East River waterfront for generations. That warehouse is long gone, demolished and then replaced by two high-rise residential towers, 20 and 30 Halletts Point, which launched leasing earlier this year, and a 58,000-square-foot waterfront esplanade that opened to the public this month.