You are reading

Caffino on Crescent Street Closes After Being in Business Four Years

QueensPost

Jan. 29, 2018 By Tara Law

An Astoria coffee shop owned by a husband-and-wife duo closed after being in business for four years.

Caffino, which operated out of a small location at 29-18 Crescent St, closed on Jan. 24, with an announcement made on their website.

The café served pastries, sandwiches and specialty coffee drinks made from La Colombe coffee.

“We’ve decided to close because we’re making a change in direction,” said co-owner Sija Bojkovic in an interview. She declined to elaborate and said it was a “personal choice.”

Caffino was Bojkovic’s first business. Her husband, Husko Celic, previously owned a cafe in Montenegro before he moved to the U.S. 12 years ago.

Upon opening the restaurant, Bojkovic told the Village Voice that she hoped it would be open for a decade or more.

The couple left a message on their website that they will miss their customers.

“We’ve grown close relationships and will greatly miss being part of the neighborhood,” they wrote online.

Although customers on Yelp praised the cafe’s coffee, some complained that its prices were high and that the shop had a credit card minimum.

The owners notified the public on their website that they are willing to refund balances on gift cards and pre-paid items.

Customers looking for refunds can call (917) 579-9765.

 

email the author: news@queenspost.com

5 Comments

Click for Comments 
Summer Saxton

Noooooo! I am so sad to hear this. Wish I had known. I would have bought all their packages coffee. I have up coffee for a few months bc I’m pregnant so I didn’t even get my final fix 🙁

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.