June 20, 2018 By Christian Murray
An Astoria sushi restaurant has been temporarily shut down by the Health Department.
Junko Sushi, located at 33-02 Broadway, was ordered closed on Monday after racking up a number of critical violations.
Violations were for food being stored at incorrect temperatures and evidence of rats and mice.
1) Hot food item not held at or above 140º F.
2) Cold food item held above 41º F (smoked fish and reduced oxygen packaged foods above 38 ºF) except during necessary preparation.
3) Evidence of rats or live rats present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
5) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.