You are reading

‘Aces’ Strip Club Shut Temporarily After Gang Shooting

Show Time NYC

Aces New York, Via ShowTimeNYC

May 25, 2016 By Michael Florio

An Astoria strip club has been shut down following a gang-related shooting earlier this month.

The City slammed Aces New York, located at 32-10 37th Ave., for paperwork issues, forcing a temporary closure, according to the 114 Precinct.

The precinct took action at the club after a dispute between two crews both connected to the Bloods gang led to a violent scene in the early morning of May 14.

Members were flashing gang signs in the club, which led to alcohol bottles and furniture being thrown across the club, Special Operations Lieutenant Nicholas Morales of the 114th Precinct said at a community meeting Tuesday night.

The fight spilled onto the sidewalk, where one suspect fired a few rounds, striking a victim in the foot.

Last week, Deputy Inspector Peter Fortune, commanding officer of the 114 Precinct, stated that they have identified a suspect and he was confident an arrest would be made.

The strip club has been problematic since opening on New Year’s Eve, Morales said.

“[There are] a lot of undesirable people that go there,” he said. “They have groups of customers with a history of violence, often ex-gang members, who live outside of the community.”

Morales said he went to the club along with the Department of Buildings, State Liquor Authority and Department of Health on Friday. The club had a number of issues with its paperwork, such as its liquor license, cabaret license and certificate of occupancy.

These issues included some being filed under the name System, as the club was previously called.

In total, 58 summonses have been issued and the club has since been shut down, according to Morales.

The club remained closed on Tuesday, but the owners were scheduled to meet with the SLA on Wednesday, according to Morales. He is not sure when residents can expect the club to reopen.

Morales also visited Club Reign, located at 36-14 31st St., which was previously Palladium. This club was also shut down due to paperwork issues.

“This club has undesirable customers, [such as] gang members,” Morales said. “No one from the community goes to this place.”

“It promotes violence,” he added.

As of Tuesday night, Club Reign had not corrected its issues with the SLA, according to Morales.

This is not the first strip club that the 114 has shut down recently. Club Purlieu, located at 36-04 34th Street, was shut down temporarily in March. This followed a shooting where a cab driver was struck in the head by a stray bullet.

Last year, eight problematic strip clubs were shut down due to violence and quality of life complaints, Morales said.

“They use the community as a urinal,” he said.

He added that the precinct is working closely with the SLA, and additional strip clubs could soon be closed.

“We are committed to shut these places down,” Morales said. “We like the nightlife and encourage business, but these location jeopardize the safety of community members.”

email the author: news@queenspost.com

7 Comments

Click for Comments 
SuperWitty Smitty

Do the women there really wear the kind of show as shown in the photo up top? Pretty hot!

Reply
Dr. T.W

First Citiscape, then Scandals N.Y-now, a new reopening for that club- and now this. Not surprising. Make a club, pay a fee, bring your pretty boy thug friends with you, can’t handle your drinks, bad times ensue.

Remind me again why Show Palace hasn’t been targeted yet?

Reply
Guy 47

Club Purlieu got shut down for a couple days, re-opened but for the past week or so the doors have been sealed with plywood sheets. 🙂

Reply
what else is new ?

spoken like a true mooncricket . butchering the english language .

Reply
Hmmmm

Shut them all down and let their violent ghetto thug patrons shoot each other elsewhere. Take them all into the middle of the woods and leave them there to shoot it out. Seems like all of these places attract nothing but a waste of life.
Bring back stop and frisk.

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.

NYPD searching for burglary crew that targeted nearly 30 laundromats in Queens and others in Brooklyn and the Bronx

Police from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst are looking for three masked men who broke into Susan’s Laundromat at 85-12 Grand Ave. at around 3:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24, while a fourth member of their crew acted as a lookout near their getaway car parked in front.

The burglars stole $1,800 in cash and removed a payment machine for the laundry room continuing an undetermined amount of cash.