You are reading

7-year-old Girl Dies After Pretending to Hang Herself


March 26, 2018 By Tara Law

A 7-year-old Astoria girl died two days after she accidentally choked herself while playing with a bathrobe tie, police say.

Precise Tucker, who was performing a prank on her mom, tied a belt around her neck and roped the other end around a refrigerator handle while eating a bag of chips around 8 p.m. on Wednesday.

The girl’s mother saw what her daughter was doing but walked into another room and left the child alone, police say. The mother told police that the girl often pretended to be hurt or dead.

Tucker’s 15-year-old brother discovered his sister choking on the chips and ran for help.

Police responded to a 911 call around 8:20 p.m. and found the child unconscious and unresponsive.

An ambulance rushed Tucker to Elmhurst General Hospital, where she died two days later.

A spokesperson from the Medical Examiner’s office said that foul play appears to be unlikely given the office’s initial report.

email the author:


Click for Comments 

you can not be that ognorant tom, and that also goes for the likes you received, freakin horrible


50 years ago we all played war or cowboys and indians and we all pretended to fall dead. Its normal for a child. I do not believe that anyone was at fault. It is only a terrible accident.
So sorry for your loss and I am sure that this child is in a better place, next to God.


If the child often pretended to be hurt or dead, why wasn’t she getting professional evaluation and help? That isn’t normal behavior for a young girl.


I understand why they went to Elmhurst when we have Mt. Sinai near our home… she is our neighbor…

Tom Buckley

Now the mother will hire a lawyer and sue the manufacturer of the refrigerator, the bathrobe tie, and the potato chip company.


I would brand you a moron – but that would be an insult to people with low intellect. Get in touch with your humanity, Tom.

South Side Johnny

No one has “done” anything except you’ve been expressing mean and callous remarks. Go be miserable somewhere else. This is a sad story about a little girl.

Never Left Astoria

So sad. “The girl’s mother saw what her daughter was doing but walked into another room and left the child alone”


Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

‘Ghost car’ driver arrested in East Elmhurst after traffic stop reveals weapons, threatening note: NYPD

Police from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst discovered an arsenal of weapons in a ghost car they pulled over on Ditmars Boulevard and 86th Street in East Elmhurst early Wednesday morning.

NYPD Chief of Department Jeffrey Maddrey held a press briefing at the 110th Precinct on Wednesday afternoon to discuss what the sergeant and three officers from the 110th Precinct public safety team found when they pulled over a black Ford Explorer at around 1:30 a.m. because it had blacked-out license plates.

Henry ‘Hank’ Krumholz, stalwart pioneer of Queens LGBTQ Pride, dies at 73

Henry “Hank” Krumholz, a pioneering gay rights activist in Queens, passed away on Sunday in his Flushing apartment at the age of 73.

Krumholz played a crucial role in the establishment and success of the Queens LGBTQ Pride Parade, which is held annually in Jackson Heights. He joined the parade’s sponsoring organization right after its inaugural event in 1993 and continued his involvement for decades. His passing came just a week after this year’s parade on June 2, marking its 31st anniversary.