You are reading

3 Men Sought for Stealing Tools Worth $8,000 from Astoria Construction Site: NYPD

The NYPD released images of three men Thursday who allegedly stole thousands of dollars worth of tools from a construction site in Astoria last month (Photos: NYPD and Zola)

Sept. 9, 2022 By Michael Dorgan

The NYPD released images of three men Thursday who allegedly stole thousands of dollars worth of tools from a construction site in Astoria last month.

Two of the suspects broke into a site at 25-15 36th St. — where a new four-story apartment building is going up — on Aug. 12 at around 5 p.m. while the third assailant waited outside in a getaway vehicle, according to police.

Once inside, the two suspects stole construction tools worth around $8,000, police said.

All three men then fled the scene in a getaway vehicle — a gray-colored Chevy trailblazer — eastbound on Astoria Boulevard, cops said.

Police have released images of the three men wanted for questioning along with a photo of the Chevy.

All three men then fled the scene in a gray-colored Chevy trailblazer, pictured (Photo: NYPD)

All three suspects are described as being Black.

The first suspect was last seen wearing dark-colored clothing and a yellow construction hat.

The second suspect was seen in dark-colored clothing. He was wearing an orange construction hat and an orange safety vest.

The third alleged perpetrator was last seen wearing dark-colored clothing

Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at https://crimestoppers.nypdonline.org/ or on Twitter @NYPDTips.

email the author: news@queenspost.com
No comments yet

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Long Islander gets 3-9 years for stealing homes across Queens belonging to elderly or disabled owners: AG

New York Attorney General Letitia James and Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced that a Long Island man was sentenced to three to nine years in prison Friday for leading a deed theft ring that resulted in five homes being stolen from vulnerable Queens residents and saw them earn more $1 million in ill-gotten gains.

Marcus Wilcher, 48, of Carll Drive in Bay Shore, pleaded guilty in May to grand larceny in the second degree in Queens Supreme Court for his role in leading the crew following an investigation by the Attorney General’s office.

NYPD searching for burglary crew that targeted nearly 30 laundromats in Queens and others in Brooklyn and the Bronx

Police from the 110th Precinct in Elmhurst are looking for three masked men who broke into Susan’s Laundromat at 85-12 Grand Ave. at around 3:15 a.m. on Monday, June 24, while a fourth member of their crew acted as a lookout near their getaway car parked in front.

The burglars stole $1,800 in cash and removed a payment machine for the laundry room continuing an undetermined amount of cash.