You are reading

16-Year-Old Girl Beaten, Robbed Inside Apartment at Queensbridge Houses: NYPD

Some of the suspects inside the apartment building before the robbery (NYPD)

April 28, 2021 By Michael Dorgan

A 16-year-old girl was beaten and robbed by three people while she was inside her apartment at Queensbridge Houses last month.

The victim had let her boyfriend into her apartment, located at 41-05 10th St., on March 27 at around 5:45 p.m. before three female suspects busted into the unit shortly afterward.

The 16-year-old, who had been alone in the apartment until her boyfriend arrived, was chased into the bathroom by the three assailants who caught her and allegedly started punching and kicking her. They then stole her Apple iPhone XR, according to police.

The suspects then fled the scene on foot towards the 21st Street–Queensbridge subway station, police said. The victim’s boyfriend left with the three suspects, although police did not say whether he was in on the robbery.

The 16-year-old was later treated at Mount Sinai Queens for minor head injuries and has since been released. No weapons were used during the robbery, police said.

The victim did not know the three female suspects, police said.

The NYPD released CCTV footage from inside the apartment building which captured the three female suspects walking up stairs to the apartment before the incident. It also showed them leave the building, with the victim’s boyfriend.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the CrimeStoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or on Twitter @NYPDTips. All calls are strictly confidential.

email the author: news@queenspost.com

2 Comments

Click for Comments 
no doubt...

the boyfriend did know them.

now the victim knows to lock her door even when she’s home alone. and to get rid of the boyfriend.

what is with these buildings that have no lock security? also people need to stop mindlessly buzzing people in just because their door was buzzed. WAKEUP QUEENS!!!!

Reply

Leave a Comment
Reply to this Comment

All comments are subject to moderation before being posted.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Recent News

Astoria doctor sentenced to more than two decades in prison for rape and sexual abuse: DA

An Astoria doctor was sentenced to 24 years in prison on Thursday in Queens Supreme Court for raping unconscious acquaintances and sexually abusing hospital patients.

Dr. Zhi Alan Cheng, 35, of Broadway, pleaded guilty on June 30 to four counts of rape in the first degree and three counts of sexual abuse in the first degree in satisfaction of the consolidated indictments against him. He additionally entered an Alford plea to one count of sexual abuse. The defendant — a former gastroenterologist at New York-Presbyterian Queens Hospital — recorded the abuse of his unconscious victims with his cell phone in both his Astoria apartment and at the hospital.

Halletts Point esplanade in Astoria opens, reconnecting community to East River waterfront

Aug. 22, 2025 By Bill Parry

When The Durst Organization broke ground on its massive Halletts Point project in Astoria on a cold winter day in January 2016, the speeches were delivered inside a massive brick warehouse that had cut off public access to a stretch of East River waterfront for generations. That warehouse is long gone, demolished and then replaced by two high-rise residential towers, 20 and 30 Halletts Point, which launched leasing earlier this year, and a 58,000-square-foot waterfront esplanade that opened to the public this month.